Houston OfficeFondren orthopedic group
Sports Medicine Doctor in Houston, TX
Your body is designed to stay in motion, and our sports medicine doctor in Houston, TX, can help with that. Dr. Randy Y. Luo, is an orthopedic expert who specializes in sports and exercise medicine (SEM). We address sports and exercise related injuries, using effective techniques to ensure promising results. Visit Randy Luo, MD, MBA, to improve your fitness as well as performance. When you trust us, you can look forward to optimal treatment, which allows you to accomplish your training goals in a safe manner!
Request An Appointment
Our Sports Medicine Team in Houston, TX
We have a team of specialists who provide sports injury treatment to the residents of Houston, TX. Our experienced sports medicine doctor works with athletes, focusing on the medical, therapeutic, and functional aspects of exercise in order to enhance their sports performance. With our experts, athletes get exceptional prevention and treatment for their injuries under one roof! From the moment you visit us, you will be the center of our attention.
Our sports medicine team comprises medical and non-medical experts. Physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nutritionists, personal trainers, surgeons, and more specialists are a part of our efficient sports medicine group. After you consult us, you can rest assured that you will be in good and experienced hands.
While we work exclusively with athletes, our dedicated sports medicine team provides treatment to anyone dealing with a sports or exercise injury. At our facility, we treat multiple physical conditions, including fractures, sprains, strains, dislocations, and other acute traumas. That’s not all! You can also reach out to us for chronic overuse injuries, such as tendonitis, overtraining syndrome, and more.
Which Sports Injuries Do We Treat?
If you participate in sports – indoor sports, outdoor sports, or even regularly exercise, it puts you at a risk of injuries. It is exhilarating for some people to play their favorite sports, such as football, basketball, hockey, or even exercise. However, inadequate training, sports accidents, and incorrect use of protective devices can result in injuries. You should also stretch or perform warm-up exercises before playing sports or exercising. If you do not, it can have serious consequences.
Our sports medicine specialist is highly trained in dealing with injuries in the upper extremities, including your bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. You can consult us in the following cases:
- Hand and Finger Fractures
- Gamekeeper’s Thumb
- Wrist Sprains
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Biceps Tendon Tears at The Elbow
- Elbow Dislocation
- Forearm Fractures
Discover Your Ortho Options
Sports Medicine Treatments at Our Clinic in Houston, TX
We are proud to admit that our sports medicine specialist has the expertise, knowledge, and skills you need for proper treatment in Houston, TX. Injuries might come and go, but our dedication to you is here to stay. We cater to bruises, fractures, strains, dislocations, chronic injuries, and more. Our brilliant doctor offers minimally invasive and effective surgical treatments to fix your condition before it becomes worse. You can rely on us to incorporate efficient methods to speed up your recovery. Here at our clinic, you will have access to quality non-surgical and surgical treatment!
- Non-Surgical Treatment
Our experts will work with you to prepare a treatment plan that is effective for you. Here are some conservative treatments we recommend, depending on your sports injury:
- Rest as much as possible!
- Cold compress works wonders for swelling, pain, and discomfort in the injured area. Just use an ice pack or ice wrapped in a clean towel and press it on the affected area for around 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this four times a day as long as our specialist suggests.
- Use elastic wraps, splints, air casts, or another type of compression to reduce the swelling in the affected area.
- Work with our sports medicine team to elevate the injured part above your heart level; it helps eliminate swelling and pain.
- Adjust your daily activities to avoid triggering the symptoms.
- Improve your range of motion and strengthen your muscles with our expert physical therapist.
- We might recommend anti-inflammatory medication to minimize pain and inflammation.
- If nothing shows effective results, our sports medicine doctor might suggest a cortisone injection.
- Surgical Treatments
In case you have sustained a severe injury, conservative treatment will not make any amends. Severe fractures, soft tissue tears, bone displacement, and other serious sports injuries will require surgical treatment. Our doctor offers different sports injury treatments, which include surgical procedures, in Houston, TX. Some surgeries Dr. Randy Y. Luo and his team perform include:
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Biceps Tendon Repair
- Ligament reconstruction
- Ulnar nerve release
- Tendon repair
- Fracture repair
- Elbow Arthroscopy
Prevent Sports Injuries With Our Guidance
We are dedicated to treating and preventing sports injuries in our patients. When you consult our team, they might advise you to try these prevention tips:
- Stick to an exercise program that helps strengthen your muscles.
- Increase your exercise level with time, but remember not to overdo the exercise!
- Wear properly fitted protective gear. This includes elbow guards, eye gear, face masks, mouthguards, athletic shoes, and more to lower the risk of injury.
- Always follow warm-up before the sports activity and cool-down exercise afterward. This way, you can stretch your muscles, increase flexibility, and more.
- Do not exercise right after you have a large meal.
- Keep up with a well-balanced and healthy diet. It is great for nourishing your muscles!
- If you are injured or tired, take a break from playing and rest up.
- Make sure you know all the rules of the game you are playing.
- Only play if you are physically fit to play!
We Are Here to Help You Ace Every Sport!
With our exceptional sports medicine doctor in Houston, TX, you can achieve your goals with improved health and stronger muscles. Visit Randy Luo, MD, MBA, or call us at (713) 794-3307 and get all set to break the records!